News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Which standard kits are you using?

Started by Denus, February 08, 2012, 05:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denus

I got my Drumit 5 for a two weeks now and apparently, I'm only using bank 1 (Druming_Live Kit) or 3 (Minneman Kit) depending of the song I'm drumming on.
All the other kits have way too much echo, or (for me) other undesirable effects.

I'm wondering which standard kits are used by other players.

It's about time I start creating my own kits I guess....

puttenvr

Do you mean presets (programs) ?
I can't remember the unit has some banks
And if all the other programs have some echo, please turn it off
That's not normal

digitalDrummer

puttenvr

Denus

That's not really my point (thanks for the help though).

The unit, out of the box, seems to have only a few neat kits, the most of them are way too weird (just my 2 cents).

I didn't modify anything yet except for some mixer and the kick sensibility settings.
A reset has already been done on the unit but obviously, that wont change the way the kits are created.

Anyway, as I said before: it's time to connect the unit to my computer   :)

digitalDrummer

There certainly is a broad spectrum of kits available, but you're right that many of them are too quirky for most users. Also note that there are a few new kits on the 2box website.
The good news is that it's not hard to find half a dozen usable kits in the stock setting. Of course, with the conversion and import of VST sounds, the sky is the limit.

GenuineHuman

I use mostly about 5-7 kits but there are a few more that sound good to me. More than enough. I don't really feel the need to create my own dsdn's at this point. Kind of strange that you don't like any other than the two mentioned. Ermm... what I meant to say is that you are strange.  ;D

Murgen

So strange that he sold his 2-Box if I'm not mistaken.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

Drumaster

I mostly use kits 1, 3, 53 and 95. My favourites ones (especially 53)!

I'm waiting for my 32GB/SD extension to load some new kits as using 1.1 USB is boring for me, especially because my computer is not near my drumkit.

Haggis-man

I only use the minneman and walnut kits from the standard ones, all the others are kits I've made with BFD2.

Cheers

Jman

Quote from: Drumaster on May 15, 2012, 02:32:34 PM
using 1.1 USB is boring for me, especially because my computer is not near my drumkit.

Same here, my kit and modules are about 20' away from my PC ... so it is really convenient to be able to just pop the card out, put it in the PC/card reader .... make changes, etc... And transfer times are soooooo much better than USB 1.1.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Krillo

Actually not using any of the standard kits. I think it's a pity almost all of the sounds are so processed. Even some from the ddrum4 are cleaner (the Brauner ones especially). I use my own dsnd's for toms, and for kick I use X-shell the dry one, and the Recording dry22 or whatever it's called. I've done a couple of kicks (there here on the forum) but they aren't stellar either I think. Kick sounds are tricky.

DinoV

Quote from: Krillo on May 17, 2012, 06:27:53 PM
Actually not using any of the standard kits. I think it's a pity almost all of the sounds are so processed. Even some from the ddrum4 are cleaner (the Brauner ones especially). I use my own dsnd's for toms, and for kick I use X-shell the dry one, and the Recording dry22 or whatever it's called. I've
done a couple of kicks (there here on the forum) but they
aren't stellar either I think. Kick sounds are tricky.

to say the sounds are not as good as the ddrum is
surprising. I haven't purchased the 2box yet, still trying to
put a kit together, but I would have expected the stock
sounds would be better than the ddrum. I know it's an open system, but... Really?