News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Mark Drum

Started by GenuineHuman, January 19, 2012, 08:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuban

Quote from: digitalDrummer on January 24, 2012, 10:35:33 AM
There will be more sounds and kits available for download in the future. It has 8Gb onboard.
Hi Allan  :)
Yes I saw that, but I meant you can't sample your own sounds to import if I understood correctly?

digitalDrummer

Quote from: Cuban on January 24, 2012, 11:19:24 AM
Yes I saw that, but I meant you can't sample your own sounds to import if I understood correctly?
No..

SHwoKing

Quote from: Cuban on January 24, 2012, 11:19:24 AM

Sounds quiet like a deal breaker to me. I don't know if having such a close design hardware wise and software wise is a good idea. Time will tell.

This is still an interesting product to look at. First drum module with external SD card slot i heard of.

They have to do something for the kick or someone could put his foot there and being stamped.
But maybe we could find others applications like printing money while playing the bass drum  ;D
This way, Roel would the richest among us with his double bass drum setup.

GenuineHuman

Maybe it's a deal breaker from 2Box perspective, but no other e-drum module offers anything like this. I'll wait until I can see, hear and try them myself. No idea how much will this thing cost either.

digitalDrummer

Quote from: GenuineHuman on January 25, 2012, 08:38:03 AM
f. No idea how much will this thing cost either.
USD2,000 in the US; EUR2,000 in Europe. One sale in a couple of months.

Cuban

Quote from: digitalDrummer on January 25, 2012, 09:29:24 AM
Thanks Allan, Is that for the full kit or module?

SHwoKing

Quote from: digitalDrummer on January 25, 2012, 09:29:24 AM

That's disgusting, even European made product suffer from pour € / $ conversion.
Screwed by our own compatriot duh !

GenuineHuman

Cost of selling are higher in Europe due to higher VAT rates, higher transportation in administration costs (including required translation of the documents / manuals to local languages), warranty regulations and I'm sure there is more.

As I understand, this is still not an official price but usually 2.000 USD does mean 2.000 EUR.

edtc

... the price should be around that  ....

it s quite obvious they had the drumit5 in mind when they designed their kit , and with the money they save with the telephone cables , they can just set the price a little bit under it ... :)

Also it would be logic they make an editor so people can make their own sounds ...  we ll see...

roel

Quote from: SHwoKing on January 25, 2012, 05:49:26 AM
Sounds quiet like a deal breaker to me. I don't know if having such a close design hardware wise and software wise is a good idea. Time will tell.

This is still an interesting product to look at. First drum module with external SD card slot i heard of.

They have to do something for the kick or someone could put his foot there and being stamped.
But maybe we could find others applications like printing money while playing the bass drum  ;D
This way, Roel would the richest among us with his double bass drum setup.

If you want a second Kickpad go buy it at www.thomann.de

digitalDrummer

Quote from: Cuban on January 25, 2012, 10:09:52 AM
Thanks Allan, Is that for the full kit or module?
Full kit. Mark Drum is a closed system - it only works with its own pads, cymbals and rack (the wiring is in the rack).
I can put you in touch with the distributor if you're thinking of adding yellow to your orange!

edtc

HI dD ...

do you know if their RJ11 cable are carriing digital signals from pads to the brain ?  on a video i think i understood you can plug any pad in any plug on the rack 
( ... it was in italian ... only word i know from this language is BUNGA BUNGA ) :rock:

... like a sort of computer like network ...

digitalDrummer

Quote from: edtc on January 25, 2012, 09:56:07 PM
HI dD ...

do you know if their RJ11 cable are carriing digital signals from pads to the brain ?  on a video i think i understood you can plug any pad in any plug on the rack 
( ... it was in italian ... only word i know from this language is BUNGA BUNGA ) :rock:

... like a sort of computer like network ...
There was not much "Bunga Bunga" at the MarkDrum stand, just punters going bang bang. It's an intersting system where you plug the pads into the rack and there's just one connection from the rack to he brain, so the brain not only receives the impulses, but knows which pad they're coming from. Really interesting and certainly makes for a quick set-up.

Murgen

Haven't heard a thing a thing about the Mark Drum until drummers told me a dutch drum-teacher who uses vdrums to teach his pupils, wrote a remarkable positive review about the Mark.

As far as I know:

1. The rack clamps look very plastic to me (frankly they remind me of the Roland TD3 rack a lot).

2. The system is 100 % propriety. No mixed setups and probably hardly no DIY possible.

3. I'm in IT, I wonder who wants to go gigging with small plastic RJ11 connecters.

In the end they will bump into the same issue in the USA as 2Box. Mesh, foam and piezo are Rolands laws over there.

My euro-cent in this one. Still, anything else then Roland is good! ;)
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

digitalDrummer

Quote from: Murgen on December 09, 2012, 07:42:51 PM

3. I'm in IT, I wonder who wants to go gigging with small plastic RJ11 connecters.

In the end they will bump into the same issue in the USA as 2Box. Mesh, foam and piezo are Rolands laws over there.

I don't think the RJ11 approach will be a problem. They are really short cords and easily replaced.
And I also don't think they'll face any patent issues - especially since they're distributed in the US by one of the biggest retailers, Guitar Center.