News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Mark Drum

Started by GenuineHuman, January 19, 2012, 08:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GenuineHuman

There is a new player on the market. Mark Drum! They also make bass amps (Mark Bass) and guitar amps (DV Mark). I must say that I'm excited to hear and see how this plays. Their guitar and bass stuff is very good and the price is right, too.

http://markdrum.it/

edtc

yes , they make very good bass amps ... very loud , clear sounding and also very lightwheight compared to their loudness....

i see those black and yellow amps more and more on stage

sure it will be a good product  ...

GenuineHuman

I actually have the Little Mark III. I carry the thing around in my backpack. :) I have their box (2x10) as well, it weights only around 20kg.

roel

Quote from: GenuineHuman on January 19, 2012, 08:04:39 PM
There is a new player on the market. Mark Drum! They also make bass amps (Mark Bass) and guitar amps (DV Mark). I must say that I'm excited to hear and see how this plays. Their guitar and bass stuff is very good and the price is right, too.

http://markdrum.it/

That set sounds great!, but I don't like the look of it.

edtc

The good thing about this is that it s very possible  they will also produce  an E-drum amplification system in the future ....

and if it sounds like their compact bass amps .....then i ll be saying ....Wouaw ! ;)

SHwoKing

Did anyone checked about the specs ?

http://markdrum.it/product_detail.php?id=1

They mention something i don't understand :
- Piezo sensors: 5 x snare drum, 3 x rack toms, 1 x kick, 10 x ride and crash, 4 x hi-hat

If i read well, there is 10 Piezo sensors for ride and crash, how is that ? Does RJ11 that connections ? I have to dig that. First i see E-drums using something else than TS/TRS jacks.

I dislike the Kick design but there's some good ideas like the way they design the cable management with RJ11.

I found it very intriguing

edtc

hi

IMO they use multiple piezo on cymbal tom and snare to achieve positionnal sensing , and some algorythm uses the relation between the sensors to compensate for Hotspots ....

From what i undrestood , the triggering is prosseced within the pads , and RJ11 cables only carry digital signal to the module and power for the triggering device ....

Good idea that RJ11 ... must be cost effective too and quite solid .... i think they just buy cheap telephone coiled cables and voila ;)

here you see the snare ....  it s possible the 4 white dots are the 4 head sensor , ant the fifth is for Rim trigger ...  not sure ,just guessing ...

SHwoKing

I have checked videos in italian and this is exactly what they say about the signal processing and head sensors place.

I'm not speaking italian but you and I  speak a language with latin roots so we are able to understand some stuff. Did I just hear va fan curo ?  ;D

edtc

Quote from: SHwoKing on January 21, 2012, 11:35:07 PM
I have checked videos in italian and this is exactly what they say about the signal processing and head sensors place.

that s because i saw it ;););)         

*par contre j ai pas capté qu il disait d aller se faire enculer :)

Jman

I was there, I played it.... it is a higher quality kit, and sound then your typical edrum kit out there. Some similarities I think with 2Box ... in that they are loading sampled instruments.... and have gigs of memory. Personally I'm pretty critical and biased I suppose because I have customized my 2Box kit and love the results so am a little tough to please.

What is pretty restrictive with this one .... well, it is pretty much: Use their pads with their module, rack, etc.... it isn't like it is compatible with anything else. Maybe good for them with the phone jacks ... innovative idea .... but also very restrictive in the other sense.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

puttenvr

For a debutant - it seems to be a nice kit.

digitalDrummer

AT 2,000 Eur/USD, it's not exactly cheap. But there will be more kits to download in the future.

Cuban

Some nice ideas, but some very limiting factors as well.
I think I read the module is also closed, so no importing of sounds either, from what you saw / heard, is that correct Jerry?

digitalDrummer

Quote from: Cuban on January 24, 2012, 09:39:04 AM
Some nice ideas, but some very limiting factors as well.
I think I read the module is also closed, so no importing of sounds either, from what you saw / heard, is that correct Jerry?
There will be more sounds and kits available for download in the future. It has 8Gb onboard.