News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Roland TD-30

Started by puttenvr, January 19, 2012, 07:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

edtc

Quote from: puttenvr on March 29, 2011, 05:10:29 AM
What's the use of this topic?
On vdrums.com they dream about a td-30 with samples, since 5 years
So useless ...

Let's focus on improvements for the drumit 5
It's an open system, remember?

ok ok , still no samples ...

so lets reconsider drumit6 for next year ....  if Mayas are wrong naturally  ;)

GenuineHuman

Yeah, there is nothing an edrummer would be overly excited about. Alesis came out with DM Dock, which is interesting and probably the only product on this winter NAMM I'm interested in, Roland released TD30 drum module only Jman will be able to afford (if he stops spending money on SD cards) and absolutely nothing new from Yamaha.

edtc

Quote from: GenuineHuman on January 19, 2012, 07:40:29 PM
....Roland released TD30 drum module only Jman will be able to afford (if he stops spending money on SD cards)

:):):) lol

he is there , so we will have his opinion soon ....

GenuineHuman

:) I know. Can't wait to read his report.

Well, I checked out the links puttenvr posted. I'm not blown away by the sounds. Sounds a bit too processed. It definetly looks nice, but out of my budget and I tend to ignore stuff that's too expensive for my pocket.

edtc

... the toms sounds are still unnatural ... the 2BOX ones are way better ...  and paying 7000€ just to be able to bend the tom sound with the stick ;););)   

but it s a nice sturdy pro" flagship " kit for those who feel more confident when they spend the price of a car on an instrument ....

... another niche ! :)

edtc

Quote from: puttenvr on January 19, 2012, 07:20:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQEMAt0nEVE&feature=player_embedded

i allways love those endorsed artist with their "waouw!" , "fantaaaastic" , "unbeatable" !!! "perfect "!!!!

those are phenomenal ............... D-I-C-K  S-U-C-K-E-R-S !!!!!!      Waouw !!! ;););););)

SHwoKing

Des suces boules ! like we use to say in french  :D

Like I said on V-drums, seems like 2box will remain the king for people who wants to use VST's sample in their module.

Still curious about the offer but out of my price range and even more important I would feel bad to spend so much on a E-Drum.

Did I mention I hate Roland ?

edtc

Quote from: SHwoKing on January 19, 2012, 08:20:36 PM
Des suces boules ! like we use to say in french  :D

oui des vrais suceurs de boule !!!  on dit aussi leche cul !!!

moi j aime bien le hardware roland tout de meme .... a condition de trouver ca pas cher , c est du matos solide et fiable ....

roel

Quote from: edtc on January 19, 2012, 07:30:14 PM

ok ok , still no samples ...

so lets reconsider drumit6 for next year ....  if Mayas are wrong naturally  ;)

why reconsider drumit 6? We have the great 2box Drumit 5 set.

Slap the drummer

I used to have a drum kit sounded like this -
my dad made it for me out of cardboard boxes and biscuit tins when I was
five years old  :'(

edtc

Quote from: roel on January 19, 2012, 08:46:09 PM
why reconsider drumit 6? We have the great 2box Drumit 5 set.

it was mostly  a joke , but products have to evolve , and also we know the drumit five is mostly limited by its CPU power....   having a higher level module in the future dont mean that you ll have to throw yours in the garbage ....  drumit5 is fine that s not the point

2box could have the 5 and   also a flagship  and a SPD like module in their line ... there are many needs and budgets ....

Sure some people would be happy to spend 500 more € for a module more tweakable with more IN/OUTs  , fast usb with midi abilities  ,96khz converters ,  less latency , EQ on each channel  , positionnal sensing for 2 snare inputs , and maybe one onboard SD + one external SD slot ...   

.... i m not asking a Roland like rocketship with ultrasupermegagigaNatural features and price ... ;)

SHwoKing

I wonder why people are not discussing about this new Roland product as well :
http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/namm-2012-new-roland-fr-1x-compact-v-accordions-524701

For french people, this is as huge as a new Roland's flagship TD30  ;D

puttenvr

Accordeon sounds better than the drums

edtc

Quote from: SHwoKing on January 20, 2012, 08:09:43 AM
I wonder why people are not discussing about this new Roland product as well :
http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/namm-2012-new-roland-fr-1x-compact-v-accordions-524701

For french people, this is as huge as a new Roland's flagship TD30  ;D

.... Roland devrait endorser Gilou de LicenceIV   ;)   "crévindiou ! ca c est un accordéon qui envoie de la godasse!!!"