News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

New Alesis kit

Started by puttenvr, July 17, 2009, 09:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hwasser

Now its for sale on the european mainland. Thomann and Musicstore have them in the sortiment (however, they will be in stock 16 december)

roel

Quote from: hwasser on December 04, 2009, 12:43:21 PM
Now its for sale on the european mainland. Thomann and Musicstore have them in the sortiment (however, they will be in stock 16 december)

did anyone of you guys played on the alesis dm pro 10?
if you want to mount the hihat on a real hihatstand, you can use the new jobeky controller.

Hellfire

Quote from: Calimero on December 03, 2009, 02:09:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3kHsEP0p9M
a little too much talk and I would like to hear more playing if you ask me.perhaps in the full report later on.
Based on this,it seems to me that the kit does sound better then the samples from the website.Still curious on the rumors of BFD and all going to make something that can be stored in this module.
Well if you want to hear more, you might want to check out my website. That way you can hear more of this podcast. You only watched one part. There are two more parts on my website. I do go through more module related stuff in the other to parts. Here's the link:

If you have any questions just ask. I will do my best to answer them.

TrommelTheo

Alesis Germany told me yesterday, that the new DM10-Sets will be shipped in the 1st or 2nd week 2010.

Greets

Theo

roel

Quote from: TrommelTheo on December 29, 2009, 06:11:58 PM
Alesis Germany told me yesterday, that the new DM10-Sets will be shipped in the 1st or 2nd week 2010.

Greets

Theo

are you interested in buying?

TrommelTheo

hi roel,

can´t say, ´cause i ´ve not get the chance to test it, the sounds of the Demo-Songs on Alesis Page doesn´t please me, specially the Tom-Sounds. Snares and Toms are nearly all the same in all Demo-Songs. May be, the Brain wasn´t ready at the time they´ve made the Demos.
So i must test it by myself...

Theo

roel

Quote from: TrommelTheo on December 30, 2009, 06:34:16 AM
hi roel,

can´t say, ´cause i ´ve not get the chance to test it, the sounds of the Demo-Songs on Alesis Page doesn´t please me, specially the Tom-Sounds. Snares and Toms are nearly all the same in all Demo-Songs. May be, the Brain wasn´t ready at the time they´ve made the Demos.

Theo

ok let us know when you have test the alesis dm 10 pro.

Hellfire

Quote from: roel on December 15, 2009, 08:41:31 PM
did anyone of you guys played on the alesis dm pro 10?
if you want to mount the hihat on a real hihatstand, you can use the new jobeky controller.
This should not be a problem. If you watch the videos over at HellfireDrums.com I talk about hi-hat calibration. As long as the Jobeky controller functions the same as a Roland controller (i.e. uses resistance; a potentiometer) it will work with the DM10. I even talked about (in the video) about how I use a Roland FD-7 with the Alesis DM10 with no problems. I hope this helps.

Hellfire

Quote from: TrommelTheo on December 30, 2009, 06:34:16 AM
hi roel,

Theo
Hi TrommelTheo,
Have you tried going to HellfireDrums.com and watching the video review of the DM10 Pro Kit? I have had a lot of people comment that the sound samples on my video sound better then what is on the Alesis website. It is just a thought.

wbrs

Hellfire

roel

Quote from: wbrs on January 02, 2010, 06:04:38 PM
That's scary.

what's so scary? the man behind this drumset. :animal:

wbrs

Quote from: Hellfire on January 02, 2010, 06:43:40 PM
Obviously wbrs isn't one of them.....

I hadn't heard the samples on Alesis's site I thought the ones on your site sounded bad. I could see you hocking them over here if you thought they are better sounding and a better value. Do you?

wbrs

BTW the DM10 makes the 2box look macho.

Hellfire

Quote from: wbrs on January 02, 2010, 08:08:25 PM
I hadn't heard the samples on Alesis's site I thought the ones on your site sounded bad. I could see you hocking them over here if you thought they are better sounding and a better value. Do you?
Well I don't believe I'm hocking anything. I don't believe I ever stated that the DM10 sounds better than the 2Box module either.

As far as it being a better value, a better value to what? The 2Box? Yes. I can't get a 2Box kit easily in the states. Now, when 2box releases in the states, believe or not, my answer most likely will be different. ;)

BTW,
Happy New Years wbrs!