News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

The most 2box friendly plugins? (VST etc)

Started by Aarne, December 28, 2011, 10:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aarne

Hi,

What drum plugins play well together with 2box? Thinking about Superior Drummer, Studio Drummer, Addictive Drums, Steven Slate at the moment. Looking for something that:

1. Has 2box mapping preset (addictive + studio at least currently) and works great out of the box
2. Doesn't work out of the box but there's some working user presets around
3. Is otherwise possible to tune to get a working setup and people have done this succesfully

Cheers,

Aarne

Lundin

Hello.
I'am using Addictve 1.5, Superior 2 and Studio drummer.. haven't tried to map Studio drummer but successfully mapped Superior 2 and three expansions.. Superior 2 were a pain in the butt to map because every expansion is layed out a bit differently and you can't really use a default-mapping for everything. Superior 2 sounds fantasticly real when the levels are set but Addictive fit's better in some productions if you need a more produced sound straight away.
I think i'm going to get Steven Slate 4 as well

Daniel

Quote from: Lundin on January 25, 2012, 09:45:54 PM
Hello.
I'am using Addictve 1.5, Superior 2 and Studio drummer.. haven't tried to map Studio drummer but successfully mapped Superior 2 and three expansions.. Superior 2 were a pain in the butt to map because every expansion is layed out a bit differently and you can't really use a default-mapping for everything. Superior 2 sounds fantasticly real when the levels are set but Addictive fit's better in some productions if you need a more produced sound straight away.
I think i'm going to get Steven Slate 4 as well

could you PLEASE share your superior drummer presets?

thanks!!!

digitalDrummer

I know you probably don't care about this, but ZenEdit, the Zendrum porgramming app, does include 2box mapping. The only real issue is that 2box default HH sound is open - which doesn't really work well for the Zendrum, on which most people prefer closed hats as the default.