News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

X-mas rumours found on Clavia's site

Started by puttenvr, December 24, 2011, 07:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfire

Quote from: edtc on January 18, 2012, 08:44:45 PM
go for it !   they just post a video with a short demo of the sounds

http://norddrum.com/
It sounds great. I think those types of music that uses these kinds of sounds are going to love this device. If I had the extra money I would by one just to play around with.

edtc

Quote from: Hellfire on January 18, 2012, 09:57:34 PM
It sounds great. I think those types of music that uses these kinds of sounds are going to love this device. If I had the extra money I would by one just to play around with.

yes , it s like an old "before MIDI " drum module , without all the hiss the hum and with a lot more presets and parameters ...  i m sure this will be a best seller !

.... soon a Behringer clone ? ;)

puttenvr

I don't get it. In the early 80s when disco/space sounds were hot in hit music, e-drums failed because drummers asked for real sounds
Now (today) real sounds are hot in hit music and Clavia introduces failed sounds ...
The world is in great confusion

Berk

So who's going to be the first to buy one, sample it, and upload some dsnds?  :D

edtc

Quote from: Berk on January 19, 2012, 07:49:23 AM
So who's going to be the first to buy one, sample it, and upload some dsnds?  :D

No use to buy it to make "analog like" Dsounds ....  anybody could use VST Drumsynth softwares  , and render them , the same way people use addictive drums  or SD2 ....

here is an example of a freeware ( there is a lot of them , i just googled a bit...)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdlwne_ersdrums-free-vst-drum-synth-vstpla_music

And many virtual analog VST synths have electro sounds on their banks ...

So you can have fun without spending a dime :)

Another one not free : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bAAIb-0m4Q&feature=related

The main interrest of the "Reddrum " is that you can modify and fine tune the sounds  on the fly , and adapt them to achieve better expressivity while sitting on their drumstool ...

It s the same with synths : ask a friend of yours who play keyboards , there is a huge difference in playability between a sample based electro sound and an analog ( or virtual analog ) synth ...

puttenvr

Yup, but hardly any keyboard player edits his sounds on the fly. Let alone drummers who need their hands for different things.

edtc

maybe not while they play , but during rehersals it s easier to tune a parameter on the module than to make new dsounds with a laptop and retransfer it...

.....keyboard players who uses portamento , filter pitch and modulation knob are actually tuning the sound on the fly ,and they are a lot doing this ... and not only in the techno scene !!!

....and what about using an expression pedal or a midi sequencer to change tune or filter frequency  while you play a snare roll or a beat  ?  you could also  (... maybe) automate the note of the kick drum to fit the diferent parts of a song , and so on ....

...even without midi controlling , using velocity to make a long synthKick sound bend or sweep isn't possible with a sample based module ...

Clavia were smart to release this , and also , i find it s clever to release a module that dont directly threat the 2BOX one ( at least for some times  ....)

much better , it is a really good complement for a Drumit5 kit ...

puttenvr

Quote from: roel on January 18, 2012, 08:52:14 PM
hmm I think It sounds cool.

Along with your preference for the processed sounding Yamaha PHX kit, I would go for a TD-20 or TD-30 if I were you.

SHwoKing

The look of the norddrum is slick, I like it a lot !

roel

Quote from: puttenvr on January 20, 2012, 09:13:30 AM
Along with your preference for the processed sounding Yamaha PHX kit, I would go for a TD-20 or TD-30 if I were you.

So you find that the Yamaha PHX Kit sounds bad?

puttenvr

Not bad
But processed
Not like unprocessed acoustic drums