News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

X-mas rumours found on Clavia's site

Started by puttenvr, December 24, 2011, 07:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edtc

digitalDrummer

I'll certainly be going to the booth to check if there are any e-drum hiding behind the keyboards. I suspect the new development will be drum tracks as backing tracks for the existing products. No doubt, the sale of the ddrum name to the US company also involved a restraint of competition clause, so it would be most surprising to see an edrum offering. But, stranger things have happened....

roel

If I see that latest picture I think that it will be a new drumcomputer/octapad but just my thought.

puttenvr

Uhh?

They just change pictures to announce that there gonna be 2 new products on NAMM
One organ (module) and something with a drum

Hellfire

It would be nice if they release an edrum module of sorts (or a TMI). Even if it is something that you can attach a TMI to, I think would be pretty cool. If I had to guess I'd say it is a drum machine of some kind but, even a drum machine can be used as an edrum module (kind of).  ;)

GenuineHuman

Maybe a complete DJ table with sampler, keys and all the stuff ... and iPad connection. :)

puttenvr

So, it's definitely not a sample set for keyboards or drum machine

TheM@x

We'll have to wait for 10 days ;-)

puttenvr

Yep, its a ddrum4

If Clavia is smart (and they are) then they use the hardware of an existing kit
like http://www.drum-tec.de/photoshooting.php and only add a new (or orange) module to it

Hellfire

Well, if those two pictures are truly a test of the new Norddrum, then I think it is safe to say it is a new edrum kit and or edrum module. I also agree that the kit in those shots look to be a Ddrum 4 type. So, the pictures may not be showing a new kit. That might just be the kit used to test the Norddrum. The big question would seem to me, is the Norddrum a digital controlled analog drum module or a sample based drum module like the 2box DrumIt5? I only ask because it seems that analog drum machines seem to be making a resurgence. Just thinking out loud. :)

edtc

Quote from: Hellfire on January 09, 2012, 03:47:22 PM
Well, if those two pictures are truly a test of the new Norddrum, then I think it is safe to say it is a new edrum kit and or edrum module. I also agree that the kit in those shots look to be a Ddrum 4 type. So, the pictures may not be showing a new kit. That might just be the kit used to test the Norddrum. The big question would seem to me, is the Norddrum a digital controlled analog drum module or a sample based drum module like the 2box DrumIt5? I only ask because it seems that analog drum machines seem to be making a resurgence. Just thinking out loud. :)

I think by these times , it s more clever to release only a drum module ... as there is more and more choice in AtoE drums ...

roel

Quote from: edtc on January 09, 2012, 04:46:16 PM
I think by these times , it s more clever to release only a drum module ... as there is more and more choice in AtoE drums ...

new picture on: http://norddrum.com/ I wonder what you will thinking right now puttenvr because you always loved the Clavia brand.