News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

SD card compatibility list

Started by Manfred, December 03, 2011, 11:02:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coda

Unfortunately these box-shifters don't usually understand technical things, they just go by demand and marketing. To them "a 1000x card is of course always better than a 500x card"...

nocturnodrummer

I tried explaining, he thinks newer is better. But all in vain. On the other hand ust cool of him to let me test it. Now we crossed out another card from our list. I wish we could just plug a ssd instead ;) mimic does that and it works but the price is another story.

mastervinnie

I just modded my 2Box module and everything worked perfectly. The SD card that I used is the SanDisk Ultra SDHC I 32 Gb - 80Mb/s.

https://goo.gl/images/7EYnYH

Walse

I am using the same sd card as mastervinnie, SanDisk Ultra SDHC 32GB, much faster than original 2Box sd card and very inexpensive:

Walse

KnipeDrums

I purchased 1 of the SanDisk Ultra  SDHC UHS-1 Card speed is up to 80 MB/s 533x the fist one i put into the card extender works perfectly.  So I purchased another 2 because they were $12.49 each. Seems to be a great card.

http://a.co/9h9PnRA

JRage

Quote from: KnipeDrums on July 22, 2018, 08:52:16 PM
I purchased 1 of the SanDisk Ultra  SDHC UHS-1 Card speed is up to 80 MB/s 533x the fist one i put into the card extender works perfectly.  So I purchased another 2 because they were $12.49 each. Seems to be a great card.

http://a.co/9h9PnRA

It's an access time not the speed which is most important.
Also use it for some time (at least a month) before reporting - they can work brilliantly at the beginning but degradation can start later.
Posted by some mistake.

KnipeDrums

I will re report after the month is up. Thanks for catching my mistake. As I said, it seems to be a great card.

It was also reported here to be a card that works by others in other posts.  I found them for an amazing price so I wanted to report that it is still available.

Again, thank you for catching my mistake. Always appreciated.

JRage

Greetings,

I'ts all right, I didn't mean you made a mistake, just wanted to remind myself what was that most important parameter for D5 cards :)
As for longer tests, I was too quick reporting myself when after couple of weeks realized stuttering of samples and I couldn't trust this card anymore.
Posted by some mistake.

nocturnodrummer

Hi guys, can anyone post a photo or the exact model name of a working 32 gb(or 16gb possibly) sd card that is still available to buy. I scanned through the topic and the lexars seems to be the safest choice. But there are so many types and models... My last two purchases were not successful and I got discouraged :-[

Thanks guys and cheers!

Can anyone confirm this card?

nocturnodrummer

Hey, with the help of one of the users I found(actually he did 8) ) a card that actually on the specs performs better than the original ATP card. I do not have the module with me to test it but when I confirm it's good I will post more info! Cheers!

welshsteve

Quote from: nocturnodrummer on January 11, 2019, 04:56:11 PM
Hey, with the help of one of the users I found(actually he did 8) ) a card that actually on the specs performs better than the original ATP card. I do not have the module with me to test it but when I confirm it's good I will post more info! Cheers!

Did you test this card?
My Hovercraft is full of Eels!

DeWaaachner

I currently use a SanDisk Ultra 80MB/s. Load Time is around 7-8 seconds after booting.
But I notice some delayed sounds only with imported SD3 Kits.

I had an Lexar Professional 300MB/s from a camera and gave it a try. But this didn't work... no chance, too much delays directly from beginning on.
former DDrum 4 SE User, start now with DrumitFive

ANGR77

The SanDisk SDHD 90 MB/s have been reported to work great. (I would guess the 80 MB should do it also)

Best regards

Anders / www.zourman.com
Sonor Safari, Pearl Crystalbeat, Zourman Triggers, Roland & Triggera, 2box Cymbals & HH, RT-10, KT-10, BT-1, VH-11/12/13, ATV hh, KT-10, 14C/13R/15R, PCY-155, MD, 2Box 5 MK1&II & 3, DD4SE, Pearl ButtKicker Addictive Drums 2.1.14, all ADPaks moved to 2box, Zourman Conversion Gears www.zourman.com