News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Overall dimensions

Started by 3daypriest, November 16, 2011, 01:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3daypriest

I'm seriously considering buying the MKII kit, but living in Japan, space is really at a premium in the houses.  Can anybody give me rather accurate overall dimensions for the kit.  The depth is probably most important and I need a figure that runs from the outer edge of the front-most cymbal to the back of the seat.  I'm going to buy a 12" and 14" tom, but they will be mounted on snare stands and thus can be moved when required.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GenuineHuman

It's approximately 100 cm wide, 90 cm tall (+ cymbals) and no more than 80 cm deep.

3daypriest

@ GenuineHuman  Thanks much.  It might fit in my bedroom like I planned.  2Box gave me significantly larger dimensions and it had me worried.

GenuineHuman

You need a bit larger area to fit the seat and for cymbals that stick over the edge. In general you need an area of about 140cm (depth) x 160cm (width).

3daypriest

Won't work in the area I have then.  The solution is going to be a bit expensive....... sounds like it's time to put a sun (drum) room on the back of my house.

rythm

If you use the vertical tubes of the rack you can minimize the space a bit. You´ll need two adapters (Pearl) and short booms for the cymbals. Of course this has to match with how you prefer the setup of the kit.