News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

To indentify...

Started by rumpujii, November 07, 2011, 11:51:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumpujii

puttenvr

The white pads must be ddrum2 or even before (ddrum rack) pads
The black pad perhaps is a ddrum3 pad

The ddrum2 pads had a ''ddrum pad'' sticker on their back
The ddrum3 pads had ''ddrum 3'' written on their back
Perhaps the stickers are removed

The ddrum4 pads were silver

kaboemba

I have a ddrum3 and the pads are black.
But also have a ddrum 4 se and the pads are red and black, not silver.

My kit:

ddrum4 se basspad:

roel

Very nice set kaboemba! don't ever sell it.

kaboemba

I won't, best set i have had.
And it might get even beter if my other ddrum3 module can be repaired.

rumpujii

Quote from: puttenvr on November 07, 2011, 06:02:09 PM
The white pads must be ddrum2 or even before (ddrum rack) pads
The black pad perhaps is a ddrum3 pad

The ddrum2 pads had a ''ddrum pad'' sticker on their back
The ddrum3 pads had ''ddrum 3'' written on their back
Perhaps the stickers are removed

The ddrum4 pads were silver

White ones has sticker but it says only Ddrum? If i remember correct... i think that those are Ddrum2. I got those with that module. But those Black pads are mystery, those doesn`t remind any ddrum pads at all? I mean those plastic parts are flat and if compare to ddrum2, DD2 are "hitech" and those black pads are more "ancient" looking :P What kind were pads with Ddrum AT?

puttenvr

None, since the ddrum AT was for acoustic drum triggering

rumpujii

Quote from: puttenvr on November 08, 2011, 05:12:58 PM
None, since the ddrum AT was for acoustic drum triggering

That`s why i couldn`t find any pics of those :-[ This turns very interesting, i mean those black plastic pads. Maybe i have to open one of those and look if there`s some sign of manufacturer inside.

Another question goes to puttenvr (also others can answer this), i have asked this allready in another forum but couldn`t get solved. I have problem with Ddrum4SE module and hihat. It doesn`t work, it gives only open hihat sound while playing that hihat. I have calibrated it, but it doesn`t help. I have working stereo cable there also...
Should i try to Factory Reset?

kaboemba

I would try to rest the module, factory reset.
I had a SE 4 and used the same cable for al pads eand cymbals, what do you mean with stereo cable ?

rumpujii

Quote from: kaboemba on November 10, 2011, 01:13:38 PM
I would try to rest the module, factory reset.
Ok, i`ll have to do that. I have i slight problem with that operation also. I have really good samples in my module now and i will loose them after reseting. I have that cd where`s samples are (Phillips, Chambers etc etc) but my computer and module refuses to work together  :o

Quote from: kaboemba on November 10, 2011, 01:13:38 PM
I had a SE 4 and used the same cable for al pads eand cymbals, what do you mean with stereo cable ?
Only that hihat requires stereo cable, like this http://www.majadu.co.uk/xlr-male-to-635mm-14-stereo-jack-cable-lead---1m-689-p.asp

kaboemba

Well I have checked my cables and there are no stereo cables, I am almost sure that the hi-hat doesn't need a stereo cable.
There are tree chanals in a xlr cable and I think it uses 2 for the hihat and 2 for the clutch function.
I shares the earth channel.

I can not test it anymore, I have a ddrum3 know, but a will try to make a stereo split cable and hopefully a can use the ddrum4 hihat on the ddrum3.
the ddrum3 has to inouts for the hihatm one for the pad and one for the hihat/clutch function.

Like this:

kaboemba

Well today, when trying the Y cable option for the hihat (see earlier post), i found out that I do have one stereo ddrum cable.
So you maybe right about the stereo cable needed for the hihat.

Btw the Y cable option didn't work on the ddrum3  >:(

ddrum4se

I have the ddrum4se and cast hi hat, and you do need a stereo cable for it to work.

rumpujii

Yes, i have stereocable there and i have also tried another stereocables there... it doesn`t work. Still i haven`t done Factory Reset, i have been lazy, i know...

rumpujii

That hihat problem goes weird,

i`ve done factory reset, i have trieds various stereocables, i have tried another magnet on hihat clutch... but still hihat doens`t work, it gives only hihat open sound. I have opened module and checked (eye wiew) that jointings are ok... any ideas what to do next?