News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

compatibility 2box and yamaha

Started by drummer81, November 02, 2011, 12:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummer81

Hi,i would like to ask the next:
1)if the cymbals yamaha 155 are working with the 2box's module
a)all 3 zones are working?
b)the choke is working?
2)are both zones of yamaha rhh-135 hihat working with the 2box's module?
3)are the 2boxs' pads and cymbals working and fully responding with any yamaha's module(dtxpress or dtxplorer)?

edtc

Quote from: drummer81 on November 02, 2011, 12:34:08 PM
Hi,i would like to ask the next:
b)the choke is working?
2)are both zones of yamaha rhh-135 hihat working with the 2box's module?
3)are the 2boxs' pads and cymbals working and fully responding with any yamaha's module(dtxpress or dtxplorer)?

hello

I own a DRUMIT 5 and a DTXPLORER module , i use them with DIY pads . What i can tel is :

b)the choke is working?

Yes , i ve read in the forum that some use them with success . You just have a small and easy mod to do . Have a search here , Manfred did a topic on this ... choke would also work ...

In fact , any E-cymbal  using a piezo + edge switch should work at least for 2 zones + choke
For 3 zones , the piezo has to be located close to the bell

Yamaha dtxplorer needs piezo sensor for HEAD and a switch for RIM , so it s not the same design than the 2 box module ( 2BOX pads are piezo/piezo)...

so they are partially compatible with YAMAHA dtxplorer .... but usable as "one zone" pads... 

if you plan to use head +rim , it s possible to use a Y cable and 2 tom inputs from dtxplorer ... or tu use a stereo cable connected to the KICK input , which is a dual input on the dtxplorer

2BOX Cymbals   should work with dtxplorer , as 2zone + choke

Manfred

Hi,

this is the link to the thread about my tests with a Yamaha PCY-155:

http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1010.0.html

Regards, Manfred