News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Help! I Miss many samples!!!!

Started by alainV, October 31, 2011, 06:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alainV

Hi everybody,

I've done the 1.20 upgrade, but now half of my kits have no more samples!!!

I'm sure I did something wrong, maybe I've lost a file or something... but what?

Deve Loper

Just updating the OS does not change your kits. If you also replaced your DrumIt.dkit file, then some kits might contain references to sounds which you don't have. If you check the KIT-DRUM page for ech channel you'll see which ones. Or put the unit in USB mode and start the PC / Mac Editor and select the drumit.dkit file on the unit itself then you see quickly which drum files are missing.
Deve.

alainV

Quote from: Deve Loper on October 31, 2011, 07:21:35 PM
If you also replaced your DrumIt.dkit file, then some kits might contain references to sounds which you don't have.

Thank's for your quick answer, Deve.
Yes, I did replace my Drumit.dkit file. I don't understand why I don't have all sounds which are used by the kits.

Deve Loper

Hi.
Because the sounds are not IN the kits. The kits just contain references to them.
Deve.

alainV

Hi. Yes I know that, but why are the sounds no more in the unit memory ?????
Is the new Drumit.Dkit file asking for new sounds? Have I to download them from the 2Box site?
Is there a special folder with all the sounds the new Drumit.Dkit file need?

scutler

i also have this problem after updating to 1.20 and also downlaoded the standard .dkit file s i could start afresh, nearly all the samples are now missing in nearly all the kits :(

Deve Loper

Hi. Why not use your original drumit.dkit file? Then all your kits are complete but you have the new possibilities of OS1.20. The new drumit.dkit file uses newly released  sounds to show what is happening on that front.
Deve.

fishmonkey

are the "newly released sounds" from the extra samples on the 2Box website, or are they new samples that only ship with the latest modules?

puttenvr

alainV

okay, but where can I find the original one? mine is lost...

fishmonkey

Quote from: alainV on November 05, 2011, 09:55:17 PM
okay, but where can I find the original one? mine is lost...

here you go, i've uploaded an original stock dkit for you here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/793739/2Box/DrumIt.dkit.zip

puttenvr

To me is still unclear:
1. do you miss the samples/sounds? If yes, how did they leave the module? Did you look at the folder on the module with windows and what did you see there, empty folders?
2. do you miss the dkit file which only holds the settings and NOT the samples?

alainV

I miss half of the sounds which go with the new dkit file
I have replace the original dkit file with the new one.
So I will put the original stock dkit (thank you Fishmonkey!)
and all will be ok (I hope)

goltooth

Hello, same here. I guess I must be missing something. I downloaded OS 1.3, my hope is always to improve the hi hat. It worked but I was missing samples, for ex, pgm n3 WALNUT has no sound. Am I supposed to download these sounds one by one? Sorry if this is a silly question, I am a plug and play fellow and not so much a geek! I am back to 1.1 after messing with my pc and getting mre and more confused. Thank you for your help. jean

Manfred

Hi,

let me try to explain how the issue with "missing samples" could happen. On the module you have several files. The most important are:

DrumIt1xx.bin   --> Operating system

DrumIt.dkit   --> Settings file where unit settings and 100 drum sets are stored

****.dsnd  --> Files with suffix dsnd are sounds (drum samples or loops)

You can update the operating system (*.bin) without changing  the settings file or sound file. If you do so all your drum sets and sounds are as they have been before the update.

If you want you can also replace the settings file (DrumIt.dkit). But the new settings file refers to some of the new sounds which you can also download from the homepage like the walnut sounds. If you use the new settings file without downloading the new sounds onto the module some kits won't work properly.

So i recommend to see it as an option! You bought an open sound system which can be updated with new sounds. 2Box provides new sounds from time to time for free. And with the new settings files they just give suggestions for new kits. If you don't like that just keep your current settings file.

Regards, Manfred

Edit: typo