News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Try this if you want to tweak your cymbal's Bell settings

Started by UC, October 29, 2011, 05:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UC

Thanks to C828 and JMan for this one

Press the UNIT button to get into the setup system.

When you see this screen tap the PAGE DOWN button once.

You should now see a screen where it says TRIG on the side like this:

Now tap any of the CYMB buttons.

Press down on this knob.

So that the letter reads "M" next to the GAIN number

This should now make the Cup/Bell ring with a firm but not necessarily hard hit.

Hope this helps you it certainly helped me ;) !

If it works for you, SAVE the changes by pushing the PAGE UP button then this button once.

Tony

roel

Yes this is working fine thanx guys.

Rider

Tried this and it did nothing for me , there are 3 dif letters that u can choose from , M , L and H and it feels no diferent for me. ( i use 00for GaIN )

rythm

Try different settings with the gain. DonĀ“t have the module here, but I think I use 3 or 5 if I remember correct.

Hockeylifer

pro424

I find that no matter how I set it up, it triggers the cup waaay to easy. Regular playing on the bow triggers the cup at least a few times per bar. Is there a way to adress this without choosing to use the ride without the bell zone?

tower of p

Quote from: pro424 on November 19, 2012, 07:33:40 AM
I find that no matter how I set it up, it triggers the cup waaay to easy. Regular playing on the bow triggers the cup at least a few times per bar. Is there a way to adress this without choosing to use the ride without the bell zone?

Hi, for the ride-cymbal, try the following:
-press unit -> page down -> ride-cymbal (cymb. 2)
-now set the gain with the down-left knob, so that your hardest hit on the bow does NOT trigger the bell-sound. important is to place your strike carefully (not too close to the bell).

this worked fine for me (still, of course, not like playing a REAL cymbal, but closer...),

my readings are:
gain: 0, bell M
tresh: 47
curve: pos.2

hope it works for you, too!

cheers,
lutz

pro424

hm doesn't really work for me. Would really prefer a bigger ride...

billgtx

Doesn't appear to work on CyCup trigger type (I'm a Roland convert and have Roland CY12R/C set as CyCup).  Only Cym12 or Cym14.

Devious123

I don't know the settings off the top my head, but if you want a setting that would prevent you from having issues with the bell not triggering right, you could change the zone type to one where the bell sound is on the edge zone. Now if your have your ride/bell cymbal and have relatively long arms, you can hit the far back side edge of the cymbal, and trigger the bell that way. This removes the bell sound in the center of the cymbal and puts it on the edge. Of course this would have some negatives with playing the bow, and bell in the traditional way, but it's more accurate.

mechanevil

M, L, and H are likely to be trigger sensitivity settings, where M is medium, L is low and H is high.

NewEDrummer

Thanks for sharing will give it a go I'm currently setting my
Levels to take the kit live I'm using Roland 2 zone 14,s for the crashes a cy8 to alternate between crash or China and 1 of the 2 box cymbals for my ride which I am very close to perfecting.
In my opinion the Roland's crash and wash so much better and are so much more durable than the 2
Boxes. I've played 3 or 4 gigs and have split one and find the rubber on the edge of the very sharp
Edge of the cymbal comes off a lot.
I am by no means a hard hitter the hi hat is my biggest prob.
I will use acoustic hats until a revolutionary
Development is available without paying a fortune for lots of extra gear.

PeteThePole

Hey there,

To be honest the best setting that works for me is:
gain: 7oL
thresh: -47
Xtalk: off

0oM like shown above does not work for me, i wonder why that is.