News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Cymbals not triggering different areas.

Started by 6828, October 23, 2011, 12:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G'day all,

I've just been reading through old posts here and I haven't found a solution to my problem.

I just got my kit and I can't work out how to reliably trigger the cup.

If I hit it lightly then I it triggers sometimes but mostly it just makes a full cymbal sound.

The 2Box software triggers each zone exactly the way I want my cymbals to trigger.

How do I get my cymbals to trigger like switches ?

Tony

Jman

Quote from: 6828 on October 23, 2011, 12:11:38 AM
G'day all,

I've just been reading through old posts here and I haven't found a solution to my problem.

I just got my kit and I can't work out how to reliably trigger the cup.

If I hit it lightly then I it triggers sometimes but mostly it just makes a full cymbal sound.

The 2Box software triggers each zone exactly the way I want my cymbals to trigger.

How do I get my cymbals to trigger like switches ?

Tony

To start with you should check your OS, if it is not 1.20 you should update the OS ..... that helps. But if you play light bell hits it is normal to get bow sound. The Bow/Bell is not a Piezo/Switch .... or Switch/Switch .... etc .... it is just a single Piezo and sounds are Velocity switching .... IE strongest hits trigger bell sounds. If you set the Sensitivity high enough that light hits to the bell trigger the bell sounds, Hard hits to the bow will probably trigger bell sounds also. Just the nature of the beast IMO.
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Thanks for the reply.

I've reset the brain and it was, and still, is running 1.2 and things are getting better but still not as accurate as I'd hoped.

I'll have a go on the sensitivity setting and see what I can achieve.

Cheers.

Tony

Jman

This is from the OS 2.0 Manual:

Cymbal triggers (UNIT-TRIG)
When the TYPE is Cym12/14, the GAIN parameter has an extra cup value selectable between
Low, Medium or High. First turn GAIN so only hard hits on the bow or edge give full level on
zone 4 or 8 (all LEVEL bars lit). Then click GAIN so only hard cup hits give full level on zone 1.
(Note: only relatively hard cup hits will result in zone 1, otherwise they result in zone 4.)

So that pretty much tells you what to expect ....
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

supermonster

Solution found.

Jman's suggestion worked.

Since it's a bit hard to navigate around on the Brain at times I've put together a little visual guide below to help future users that strike the same problem.

Press the UNIT button to get into the setup system.

When you see this screen tap the PAGE DOWN button once.

You should now see a screen where it says TRIG on the side like this:

Now tap any of the CYMB buttons.

Press down on this knob.

So that the letter reads "M" next to the GAIN number

This should now make the Cup/Bell ring with a firm but not necessarily hard hit.

Hope this helps you it certainly helped me ;) !

If it works for you, SAVE the changes by pushing the PAGE UP button then this button once.

Tony

puttenvr

redstar299

Perico

Waouu! Many Thanks!!
I never understood that when I was reading the new OS 1.2 manual!

UC

Quote from: 6828 on October 25, 2011, 11:05:09 AM
Solution found.

Jman's suggestion worked.
Tony

Hey, nice guide, I've copied & stickied it here

roel

Quote from: roel on November 05, 2011, 10:27:19 AM
why is xtalk set on high?

I prefer it on this as it is the least likely setting for cross triggering of the other triggers. :)

Tony

Spazo

Quote from: Spazo on November 05, 2011, 01:47:43 PM
jeez thats a nice looking finger

Thanks mate.

I'm available for professional hand modeling, just speak to my Talent Manager ;)

Tony