News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Broken cymbal?

Started by p929, September 04, 2010, 12:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p929

Hi folks,

Here's the story. I got my kit a couple of months ago. Since the very first moment I noticed something wrong with one of the cymbals and it was that all the time it sounded kinda 'choked'. However I skipped this by disabling the 'choke' option on the kit module. After couple of weeks I enabled that option again, and the cymbal seemed to work fine (more or less). Sometimes it double triggered and choked, but something one can easily stand. After reading some post here, which pointed the rack instability to the some source of double triggering, I bought new stands but part of the problem remained. Then I realized that the OS had something to do with the problem. I decided to wait till the release of OS 1.1. After the update double trigger was minimal, but since two weeks ago I start noticing that both problems (trigger and choking) increased noticeably. Now it's the point that it works whenever it wants. Sometimes it works smoothly but sometimes (I'd say 75%) it sounds choked and create double trigger mostly when hitting the kick drum.

I have already pulled the rubber up and checked that none of the flips is broken or in continue contact with the metallic plate. In fact I found that I have to do that once in a while, because the problem seems to vanish for a couple of minutes after lifting up and putting back the rubber cover (I just have flip the edge part of the rubber, because near the bell the rubber is glued).

Attached is a short sample of how it sounds. I really don't know what it's going on, and I'm afraid that it might be broken  :-\ . Has someone of you experienced something similar? what would you suggest me to do? I know the easiest way is to use the warranty, but as we all know there aren't spare parts, so it might mean a long time without cymbal  :'(

thx and I'm looking forward to some ideas.

nonoduweb

Hi

I think it's a problem with the cymbal choke. If you don't see any problem with the metallic plate, it may be caused by the cymbal sensor... You should use the warranty.

p929

Quote from: nonoduweb on September 04, 2010, 02:04:17 PM

..it may be caused by the cymbal sensor...

I'm afraid it seems to be the reason. I just opened the box containing the jack output to see if there's a bad contact or a unwelded cable, but everything looks fine on it.

p929

Hi folks,

Definitely it was broken. Fortunately the waranty worked and I got a new one yesterday. Now I'm completely happy ;D.  Thx so much Daniel (Swiss Distributor). 

puttenvr

Kudos for the Swiss distributor