News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

cymbal choke broken ?

Started by swoppie, July 27, 2010, 08:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swoppie

My ride cymbal choke function is not working properly.
Cymbals been reversed and problem is gone, the other refuses cymbal ever. Are there new cymbals on the market or an adaptation? The new software is already there.
My drumset is now half a year old i bought it by Feedback Rotterdam.

Regards Rob(from the netherlands)

p929

I have the other way around....all zones sound choked only .... what might it be? software or hardware?

fishmonkey

Quote from: p929 on July 27, 2010, 08:52:35 PM
I have the other way around....all zones sound choked only .... what might it be? software or hardware?

swap your cymbals into different inputs on the brain, and also try swapping cables. that way you can determine if the problem is in the cymbal, cable, or drum module.

if it's definitely the cymbal, gently lift up the edge of the rubber on the cymbal.

you will see there is an upper metal disc with tangs/tabs around the edge. when one or more of those tangs/tabs touches the bottom metal disc, that closes a circuit which triggers a choke.

check that none of the tangs/tabs has become bent down so that it is always touching the bottom disk.

p929

Quote from: fishmonkey on July 27, 2010, 11:04:48 PM
swap your cymbals into different inputs on the brain, and also try swapping cables. that way you can determine if the problem is in the cymbal, cable, or drum module.

I tried... definitely it's the cymbal  :'(

Quote from: fishmonkey on July 27, 2010, 11:04:48 PM
if it's definitely the cymbal, gently lift up the edge of the rubber on the cymbal. you will see there is an upper metal disc with tangs/tabs around the edge. when one or more of those tangs/tabs touches the bottom metal disc, that closes a circuit which triggers a choke. check that none of the tangs/tabs has become bent down so that it is always touching the bottom disk.

nope, there's not broken nor touching tangs....and when I check in the brain, it seems that recognizes zones 3 & 8 only (but choked). Zone 1 it's almost imposible to trigger...