News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Rumours from 2box at the Music Fair in Frankfurt

Started by edcito, April 16, 2015, 07:10:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murgen

Regarding the hihat I expect them to have moved the hall sensor into the pedal. I have some more ideas but first breakfast. Hint: Drumit3 implies Drumit6.
--------
2Box Drumit 5 Mk2 since 2012

digitalDrummer

Quote from: Murgen on April 17, 2015, 06:44:53 AM
Hint: Drumit3 implies Drumit6.
Really? I must have missed that lesson in logic!

Murgen

Quote from: digitalDrummer on April 17, 2015, 07:45:14 AM
Really? I must have missed that lesson in logic!

Mark my words ... The bet is a bottle of Belgium beer.
--------

Jman

Thomas talks briefly about the Drumit Three on this video after talking about the Trigit triggers. I understood a couple words ..... like Thomas, 2Box, trigger, kick trigger, loops  :)  http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=2box%20musikmesse%202015&qs=n&form=QBVR&pq=2box%20musikmesse%202015&sc=0-0&sp=-1&sk=#view=detail&mid=F1F5415F9A44319A246CF1F5415F9A44319A246C
I could tell you where to stick that piezo! :D ;)
http://stealthdrums.com/

Manfred

Actually about the triggers he says that they will be available as a set of 4 stereo triggers for toms and snare and 1 kick trigger. But also single pieces will be available. They are dulled silver to keep them kind of stealthy. And the triggers are fixed to the rim only and do not touch the shell of the drum to avoid scratches.

About the drumit3 he just says that it is a reduced version of the drumit5 with less outputs and less buttons and dials. But it is the same sound engine and the 2Box editor also works with the drumit3. Sounds can be transferred to the drumit3 via USB just like to the drumit5.

Regards, Manfred

Dänoh

Quote from: Jman on April 16, 2015, 09:09:57 PM
You can see on this video that the new Drumit Three kit has a stationary HH cymbal mounted to the rack

Actually, I hope they'll release this as a separate part... I could imagine this to be useful (even if you've got the normal, moving 2box hat already) as an additional X-hat!  ;)

Quote from: Murgen on April 17, 2015, 08:22:17 AM
Mark my words ... The bet is a bottle of Belgium beer.

*hiccup*   Here's to you, buddy!  Cheers!!!

Quote from: chris k on April 17, 2015, 03:17:21 AM
-Actually Td-25K is the same price as Td-15K, but they give the VH-11 HIHAT and the PDX100 Snare

Take a closer look at my post.
If you look closely you'll notice that I was referring (purposely) to *modules only* !    ;)  :)

By the way:
I haven't read anything about the internal memory capacity so far...
They've mentioned "same sound-engine" in the video - but I'm still curious to know how big it might will be, compared to the 'big one'.  ...hope it's ready for the card-mod at the very least!

HTH

Jman

Well, I got a little more info on the Drumit Three:

Yes it will work with original hihat too.

The cymbal works exactly as the 2box. 4 zones â€" bell, bow, edge and mute.

In general all is the same as the DI5 but with some limitations in the user interface. Less buttons and only one rotary dial.

The open sound features is still the same.

As far as Headphone outs being assigned as direct outs. That is not a hardware restriction so it could be possible with an OS update if they decide.

So, that is what I have so far. J

Murgen

Quote from: Jman on April 18, 2015, 03:23:35 PM
Well, I got a little more info on the Drumit Three:

Yes it will work with original hihat too.

The cymbal works exactly as the 2box. 4 zones â€" bell, bow, edge and mute.

In general all is the same as the DI5 but with some limitations in the user interface. Less buttons and only one rotary dial.

The open sound features is still the same.

As far as Headphone outs being assigned as direct outs. That is not a hardware restriction so it could be possible with an OS update if they decide.

So, that is what I have so far. J

Than what is under the hood becomes more interesting.
--------

Dänoh

*clicks the karma-button for Jman*

Thanks, Jerry!  :rock:   
...you surely know that this all is very appreciated!  :)

Looking forward to see whether you'll get your hands on one... you could prolly discard the idea of buying an Alesis SampleRack - I'd guess the DI-3 would might handle all your add-on percussion needs just fine!  ;)

"DeeThree" for the win!  8)

Jman

Quote from: Murgen on April 18, 2015, 04:28:49 PM
Than what is under the hood becomes more interesting.
Well, you know me...... when this thing is ready and I'm able to get my hands on it ...... ummmm ..... 1st thing I do when looking at a car is "pop the hood"  ;)

Jman

Quote from: Dänoh on April 18, 2015, 04:33:45 PM
*clicks the karma-button for Jman*

Thanks, Jerry!  :rock:   
...you surely know that this all is very appreciated!  :)

Looking forward to see whether you'll get your hands on one... you could prolly discard the idea of buying an Alesis SampleRack - I'd guess the DI-3 would might handle all your add-on percussion needs just fine!  ;)

"DeeThree" for the win!  8)
yup I abandoned any Alesis thoughts when I saw that it wasn't in the same class long ago. D3 add on for me!

Dänoh

Quote from: Jman on April 18, 2015, 04:39:57 PM
yup I abandoned any Alesis thoughts when I saw that it wasn't in the same class long ago. D3 add on for me!

I thought you might would; good to hear! :)

Quote from: Jman on April 18, 2015, 04:38:19 PM
...... ummmm ..... 1st thing I do when looking at a car is "pop the hood"  ;)

Awesome!

;D  ...tell us where they'd sticked that piezo!  ;D

Murgen

My hunch is that they shelf out the di5 electronic design in a cheaper version to get more market share and use the turnover to start working on di6. So, I expect nothing new under that hood.

However, if you find a brand new design with many empty spots on the pcb the di6 is closer than we expected.

Both ways, I like the way 2Box stole the show with this move. Both Roland and NFUZD must have had several bad nights.
--------

Jman

Quote from: Murgen on April 18, 2015, 04:57:50 PM
My hunch is that they shelf out the di5 electronic design in a cheaper version to get more market share and use the turnover to start working on di6. So, I expect nothing new under that hood.

However, if you find a brand new design with many empty spots on the pcb the di6 is closer than we expected.

Both ways, I like the way 2Box stole the show with this move. Both Roland and NFUZD must have had several bad nights.
Right now we are limited to just a couple sources for examining the module. But .... from those two sources and a comparison with the current D5 here is what I see: First I have to say I do love that new sleek look to the module case, and the color combo ...... sexy!
The back of the modules are identical with the exception of 2 less output jacks 5 and 6. The Face of the module:
The right side LCD looks identical as well as all the buttons and knobs except 2 of the knobs beneath the LCD have been eliminated. The face left of the LCD. The individual instrument buttons are eliminated. But the Chn up, Trig, and Chn down buttons correspond to where the Tom 2, Tom 3, and Tom 4 buttons were on the Drumit Five .....
So, it looks like the guts of the Drumit Five got a makeover with several buttons/knobs eliminated from the PCB and the Out 5 and 6 jacks eliminated.  See this pic:

And a pic of our Drumit Five for reference:

Chrisk

Quote from: Jman on April 17, 2015, 04:28:59 AM
My educated guess is that you would be fine. At least that is the case with changing over from Roland to 2Box Drumit Five.... with the exception that you might need one of my conversion boxes for using the VH-11 with the 2Box module.  http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1890.0.html
But we will prolly get some more detailed info on any differences of the Drumit Three in the next few days.

Ok, and the Roland Vh-12 VH- 13 can works or need the mod?  How about the Alesis Pro X hiihat HIHAT can works?