News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

sound problem of 2box

Started by drummer81, November 17, 2009, 08:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puttenvr

TIP: check if the washing machine isn't working on the same power group.

LooPercuS

Quote from: puttenvr on November 14, 2010, 07:44:01 AM

Hi :-)
No that can't be the problem, I have a special power group for my studio

LooPercuS

Quote from: nonoduweb on November 14, 2010, 05:58:21 AM
Distorted sounds and clicks are perhaps differents problems.

You can try to use your kit elsewhere (other house) during a long time and see if it happens again.
As regards the clicks, rudiman, it sounds very strange...According to various posts on the forum, the problem with the cards causes just brain freezing, however seeing your serial number, it would be in your interest to change it.
It seems that drummer81 has left the forum, perhaps because no-one here could help him. :-\
I hope you won't, guys!

Thanks guys for the reactions, and I will not leave this forum. It's great for drumitfive drummers!:-)
About changing the set to another house:
I have a studio with a lot electronics (Simmons SDX, DDrum3 etc.) and I have never had this problem before with the other equipment.
I also though it might be a problem with my monitors in combination with the brain, so I turned them off. same problem after a while....
And what is maybe a little bit strange is that sometimes I can use the D5 for an hour without a problem...???...
So I'll keep on checking:-)))

LooPercuS

Quote from: puttenvr on November 14, 2010, 07:44:01 AM

:-) Hallo Puttenvr...volgens mij kunnen we elkaar in het Nederlands begrijpen:-) from Dalfsen , nearby:-)
drummersgroet
(maar ik zal niet te veel offtopic gaan)

puttenvr

He Jan, leuk je hier te zien. Simmons SDX, dat was nog eens een module. Zijn tijd ver vooruit

rudiman

QuoteAnd what is maybe a little bit strange is that sometimes I can use the D5 for an hour without a problem......

Maybe its a bad powersupply?

LooPercuS

Quote from: rudiman on November 14, 2010, 03:39:08 PM
Maybe its a bad powersupply?

Yes can be..I think I'll have to check it with a different PSU
thks

madmanmafimardi

Can the "hiss" sound on some of samples be solved? a major problem in upcoming album recording.

spoenk

the 'hiss' on some samples will not be audible in combination with other sounds, but since i assume that it is noise that is either recorded or due to post-record-editing (compression) it is of course possible to use a noise gate, denoiser or filter to reduce the noise...or the decay setting from the 2box brain ...

LooPercuS

Hi,

I Checked the Drumitfive module with it's outputs (1-2/3-4/5-6 all seperate as L/R outputs) into my Apogee.

It starts with a very clean great sound, but after a while the dissortion appears at the outputs! specially the lower sound are disorted.
What can this be?

thks Jan Wolfkamp

Quote from: LooPercuS on November 14, 2010, 11:46:37 AM
Thanks guys for the reactions, and I will not leave this forum. It's great for drumitfive drummers!:-)
About changing the set to another house:
I have a studio with a lot electronics (Simmons SDX, DDrum3 etc.) and I have never had this problem before with the other equipment.
I also though it might be a problem with my monitors in combination with the brain, so I turned them off. same problem after a while....
And what is maybe a little bit strange is that sometimes I can use the D5 for an hour without a problem...???...

LooPercuS

Hi,

I have the same problem! Distortion after a while...very strange ???
Did you solved the problem  yet?

grtz & thks
Jan Wolfkamp

Quote from: drummer81 on December 14, 2009, 09:02:20 PM
suddenly I am facing again the sound problem (distortion of the kick and the tom). I downloaded the following file: BootUpdater130.exe, then i run it and there after there is an "error" at the os screen. I can do nothing at the file of 2box and when I click at the disc of 2box, tools-check- Automatically fix file system errors check box is active-  

It remains uncomplete. what should I do, I m gonna be crazy with that thing..

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

duckers

Hi LooPercuS!

Do you get error: FAT_S_0512_C_04k?
Then you need to reformat the flash card.
Below is a cut from the "Resources" page of this forum:

.. if you see a strange message when the OS starts like
FAT_S_0512_C_04k
(meaning a FAT with 512 byte sector and 4 kbyte cluster is detected),
you have a Flash drive with the wrong formatting.
Even though this is technically a correct drive format, for the purpose of playing sound files in DrumIt, it's not appropriate (sounds might distort). Unfortunately this might have happened on some units of the first batch.

If you succeeded in updating to boot 1.30 and the you have wrong drive format, you can reformat the drive to FAT32, 32 kbyte cluster and copy back all sound files. If anything fails, contact your distributor.

br
Duckers

LooPercuS

Hi Duckers,

thnks for the response.

When starting up there is no error message.
The set is a pretty new one with serial# 01026 and boot1.32 and OS 1.10

I just send a message to the distributor, hope he can help.
Thnks and grtz
LooPercuS

Quote from: duckers on November 26, 2010, 05:59:08 PM
Hi LooPercuS!

Do you get error: FAT_S_0512_C_04k?
Then you need to reformat the flash card.
Below is a cut from the "Resources" page of this forum:

.. if you see a strange message when the OS starts like
FAT_S_0512_C_04k
(meaning a FAT with 512 byte sector and 4 kbyte cluster is detected),
you have a Flash drive with the wrong formatting.
Even though this is technically a correct drive format, for the purpose of playing sound files in DrumIt, it's not appropriate (sounds might distort). Unfortunately this might have happened on some units of the first batch.

If you succeeded in updating to boot 1.30 and the you have wrong drive format, you can reformat the drive to FAT32, 32 kbyte cluster and copy back all sound files. If anything fails, contact your distributor.

br
Duckers

duckers

Hi Loopercus!

Sounds like a good idea. Sorry it wasn't an easy fix :(  Otherwise, is there distortion in general or on specific kits (or dsnd files )? Have you tried reloading dsnd files from backup. Files can get corrupted you know.

br
Duckers

LooPercuS

Yes , distortion in general....
It just happens, boofff,....first the kits sounds great and then there  is that distortion in every lower sound.
for me it is very strange...
What is that old ddrum3 solid and cool:-))))
Hope the distributor has a solution:-)

thanks for your reaction,
grtz LooPercuS

Quote from: duckers on November 26, 2010, 08:11:57 PM
Hi Loopercus!

Sounds like a good idea. Sorry it wasn't an easy fix :(  Otherwise, is there distortion in general or on specific kits (or dsnd files )? Have you tried reloading dsnd files from backup. Files can get corrupted you know.

br
Duckers