News:

2box forum: accident-free since the last one.

Main Menu

Cymbal bell triggering problem

Started by tim1987, October 24, 2011, 02:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tim1987

I posted about this ages ago but my major issue with the drum it 5 is the cymbals. They are driving me up the wall!

I like to practise jazz. This involves a lot of cymbal playing. If I play quarter notes for a few minutes on the main ride area every now and again or sometimes successively the bell triggers.

Does anyone else have this problem? I posted this to the distributor who posted it back to say he had no problems but I don't believe it because it's doing the same thing- even in OS 1.20 which I hoped would have improved it.

Please help! Any suggestions? The curve has been advised by the distributor as neg1, gain at 40, and threshold at -36 but the same old problem arises. I would have thought after 2 years that 2box would have finally got it sorted.

Many thanks

edtc

hi

if you get bell sounds when you expect bows , it s likely because you hit a bit too hard sometimes ...
Bell is velocity dependant , using only one sensor for bow and bell , so it s normal that if you pass the treshold , you ll get a bell sound ...

so maybe , the idea would be to lower the gain a lot , and use a normal curve ...

there is a section in the 1.20 manual update that explains how to optimize the cymbal triggering ...

if you follow what they say , i m sure it will be ok ...

supermonster

Hi Tim

I had also several issues with the cymbals playing it as ride and did the following:
just changed the 2 cymbals and checked if both have the same behaviour (allmost missing bell sound, regardless what kind of setting I had and how hard I hit). Fact was: 1 Cymbal worked well, the other not. I opened carefully the socket part to check if all wires where soldered correctly. They where... But on the non working cymbal the socket was placed the way that 2 pins made contact with each others thru the holder. I just turned the socket by 90 degrees the way no pins made contact thru the holder and my cymbal works fine now... Don't know if it helps but it seems that sometimes the assembling is not accurate and the cymbals do some strange things because some pins are shorted by the socket holder...

Good luck